- Replaced Virtual DOM with Incremental DOM. Sorry to anyone hoping for issue #7. Incremental DOM is much better at memory management than Virtual DOM (very important for mobile).
- View wrapping tags are back as it creates a cleaner interface with Incremental DOM (although you could technically get away without a wrapping tag).
- Templates now use Starplate. They're ES6 template strings that play nice with Incremental DOM. They are one of the templates recommended by Google to be used with Incremental DOM. @chrisabrams subsequently became a contributor to Starplate after choosing them and Incremental DOM for Dragon 0.2.
- Dropped Object.observe as it's too flaky on changes (good write up here). This will make the members of issue #8 happy.
- Models now use ____ for observing changes
Commits from 2014 & 2015
- Belief that there is more than one way to manage the Virtual DOM, or how to write a client-side app without using React
- Memory management and app lifecycle is important, especially for single page apps running on mobile
- Views and templates should separate concerns
- Like Backbone, don't like JSX (or would prefer many other options before JSX)
- Backbone's router stinks